Busy busy week and weekend!
• Dad’s hernia surgery went well on Friday. So well that they should be able to do a second surgery tomorrow. Yes, the man had two hernias that he has been living with for way too long. I am thankful that dad finally gave up on his stubborn ways and scheduled the surgery! He will be home resting and recuperating for the next month or so. What a perfect time for rest, it will be so nice to have him home for the holidays.
• I proctored the SAT on Saturday morning and wondered why I put myself through this once again. It’s way too early to wake up on a Saturday, but the extra money is nice. Thank goodness there isn’t another one until February :)
• My excitement for Christmas continues. Tyler and I keep adding to the décor at home and are gearing up to send out Christmas cards. I was home helping mom and dad this weekend. Levi put up all of the outdoor lights and décor and Becca and I worked on the tree. It’s so very beautiful. We enjoyed the warm fireplace and Christmas lights.
• We celebrated Gabi (Levi’s sister’s) 30th birthday this weekend. She continues to do well with her chemo treatments and is battling her lymphoma with strength; I wouldn’t expect anything less from her. :-) I’m glad for this and excited for Levi – he got a new job, starts on the 15th!
• Work is steady and we’re hoping to round up a decent amount of new students for winter quarter. With the uncertain economy, it’s hard to say how many will want to go back to school. I have the 24th through Jan 5th off, yahoo!
I am praying for health and happiness for all during the busy holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment