I love that the Christmas season brings so many opportunities to gather and celebrate and laugh and eat and ... just be together. It's been a busy month and I am sure many of you can relate. I can't believe I am writing a blog and don't have a picture to share. Not so many pictures being taken lately...I'll have to get back in the habit soon. Here are a few thoughts for the evening...
@Work
Work is busy with registering new students and enjoying some quiet time while students are on break. I enjoyed the Albers white elephant gift exchange as always (hard to believe this is my third year in the business school)!
@Home
Family wise, Joan is visiting from California, always nice to have family in town...especially during the holidays. We've enjoyed some time in Auburn to visit, cook, and relax. Last Friday night, Karlie, Jordan and Fisch came over for a fun night of eating and chatting. I was very thankful for the good company and endless laughs. Too bad I wasn't camera happy because we all happened to be wearing grey that day. Great minds think alike, I guess?!
@Play
I organized and enjoyed the annual holiday party here at the condominimum complex. We had a great turnout and amazing food. Tyler and I have season tickets to SU basketball again this year. We've been to some really exciting games and enjoy supporting the team as they grow and improve. If you ever want to join us for a game, let me know. After one game in particular, we headed over to Anthony's to celebrate Tylers most recent accomplishment: Professional Human Resources Certification!!!!!!! He's on cloud nine, still, and we're so proud of his passing a very very difficult exam. Thankfully, he has much more time to enjoy life these days and doesn't have to be studying endlessly. We also celebrated his brother Kyle's graduation from SU's MPA program. What an accomplished family! Recently, we met up with friends Beth and Dave in Tacoma for some Christmas cheer and a visit to Zoolights. Really great to see them!
I am very much looking forward to a week+ of vacation, and Christmas of course. Wishing you all the best for Christmas and 2011!
1 comment:
Merry Christmas, Laura and Tyler! We loved your Christmas card.
Post a Comment