Sunday, September 22, 2013

School Year

September always feels like a blur at work.  So many events, so little time :)  Usually said events are accompanied by good food and my amazing colleagues though so I can't complain.


This year, Tyler and I attended Fr. Steve's Presidential Address and Wine Tasting Event, specifically for SU friends, donors, boards, etc.  I am pretty sure I will be dreaming of this event for a very long time.  The food was incredible, not to mention the wine.  All Argentinian themed, in honor of Pope Francis.  I could have taken a million photos, but I held back.  This one will have to capture the glory:


We held an AASC (Academic Advising Support Center) staff retreat one beautiful Thursday afternoon at Kate's house.  A very productive, fun and team-oriented day it was.

We started with an oatmeal bar, yummy.


Next, team building and goal setting:


Then, a totally fun afternoon complete with a Capitol Hill Crime Tour!  We departed from Volunteer Park.



Fun and interesting props, including this iron which was used in a terrible murder.  I'm trying not to make light of that tragedy, but it was interesting.


Who knew we would see such fabulous views of Seattle on the crime tour.  This park was dedicated to the victims.



Curt Kobain's suicide note.


And Bruce Lee and his son's grave.


It was a very educational tour and we got to see neighborhoods and areas that we had never explored before.

This past Friday, SU started a new tradition with a welcome back breakfast.  Fr. Steve was hilarious as always, recounting for example his 70th birthday adventures at a rural convent in England with 19 nuns who baked him a cake and served up alcoholic beverages.  So scandalous :)


Here's to another great year at SU!


No comments: